Saturday, July 11, 2009

Missing Dottie


Just missing my old friend, Dottie, a little today. She was a donor of mine at The Salvation Army. A lonely old lady with whom I struck a unique friendship. We shared a lot of woes together, and she never failed to surprise me with her insight on men. This, being a woman who never married, but knew a lot about the other sex.

Dottie died just before Christmas this past year. Her sister, who lived across the street, died almost exactly two years earlier. When I was helping Dottie clean out Elenore's house, she cut off some rose starts from outside the house--she knew she was dying of cancer, and couldn't bare the thought of the houses being sold without any one she knew caring for the roses. I was skeptical at first, but today when I looked outside my front window, I see the first blossom of two growing. I know she'd be so proud. And I'm so happy I'm able to carry on with a little part of her.

Hope you see 'em, Dottie. You'd be impressed with my green thumb, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment