Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Five months and counting.




I took them in for a weight check, and Liam weighed 14 lbs. 15 oz. Grace was 11 lbs. 12 oz. The difference is very, very real once you hold them both.

So, for this photo session, my dear friend Kathryn had come over to help with the kids for the day. I told her I needed some help with taking their five month pictures--she was in. She suggested stuffing them inside hollowed out pumpkins, and I figured--hey--why not? So, after a mad dash to the store to find appropriate sized pumpkins and hollow them out, we cut leg holes surely big enough to fit small babies inside.

We took extra precaution to wrap their thighs in saran wrap to prevent any sticking, I lined the pumpkins with towels to help protect against the cold, and we stuck their legs through 4-gallon-sized trash bags that we could pull up around them to keep them dry.

It didn't matter. At the first "dip" of Grace into the pumpkin, she emitted very loud wailing noises. I thought, well, before we put the "screamer" in, I should cut both pumpkins' leg holes a little bigger. It didn't matter. Liam was also just as angry. Probably more so.

So, after much consoling, hollowing one pumpkin out entirely, removing potentially harmful bags (of which Liam certainly did try to insert into his mouth), and dressing children in festive fall clothing, the following photo session did occur. We didn't even bother trying to put Grace into a pumpkin on round two. . .she's so sensitive. . .such a baby. . . .

2 comments:

  1. Ummm - wasn't that our little secret?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stinkin' funny, Angie. I laughed really hard. And then I saw the pictures. And it was even funnier.

    ReplyDelete